~A gallery of some of my different artwork and other beautiful pictures I like~

Pages

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Classic Scripture Calligraphy

Here are some of my calligraphy projects: 

Classic Calligraphy is one of my favourite hobbies...when I have the time:) These are photos of some of my projects. Most of these I've done from A-Z. I use a variety of materials: Derwent Artist Pencil Colours, 24 carat gold leaf, wood glue as gold size, guache, and ink.
Hope it blesses you all.

This is a lovely quote by George Muller - This was an
early project - very intricate and was a bit of a challenge. - I did it at the personal
request of my Dad.

A Closer look! 

~I did this for Dad~

~This one was for my sister Joy's B-Day!~

This was my very first full scripture project.
Also it was the first time to use gold leaf.

This one was for Mum. The Gold here is not real.
It is acrylic paint.

Second Scripture Project - first time to do raised gold and
raised lettering.

One of my favourite scripture verses. 

Another Favourite Text



God Bless,

4 comments:

Joy said...

Lovely blog, Sue, and lovely calligraphy pictures!! I especially love the one you gave me on my B-Day :), all of them are lovely though!!
In His love,
your little sister,
~Joy

Anonymous said...

Yes Sarah, this blog is lovely!
The calligraphy pictures are beautiful, and very special. I especially liked the one you made for your Dad. But truly, all of them are beautiful!

Love in Him,
Maddy

Sarah C. said...

Thanks, Maddy, for your encouragement. The quote by George Muller is indeed beautiful. The Living God is with us!

love in Christ,
Sarah

Maria Tatham said...

Sarah, these are wonderful!
God bless you!